life's little surprises

Friday, May 27, 2005

Fireworks

23 May 2005
Dinner at Paulaner
Beside Huangpu River

Fireworks suddenly appeared over the river while we were having dinner. We thought there was a celebration or something because this boat was cruising along the river while spewing out magnificently colored fireworks.

For others, it may be a normal sight, but for us, it was an unusual sight. I normally see fireworks being displayed during New Year or 'fiestas' and there was definitely no special celebration or event that night.

According to the waiter, "you're lucky if you see the fireworks..". This actually made me think...Am I gonna be lucky because I saw the fireworks? Do they have this superstitious belief that fireworks will bring a person good luck because it scares away the bad spirits? OR does it simply mean that it's one of the random day that they select to display the fireworks?

I am keen to believe and go with the former.You can call me superstitious but I would like to think about good luck being on my side than believing in logical reasoning or practicality.

This adds to the positivity that I seem to bring in my life and hopefully to others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home