life's little surprises

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mars and Venus

Here's the story - one of my guy-friend started an email chain that went like this:

******

From: Guy1
Sent: Thursday, November XX, 200X X:XX PM
To: Guy2; Guy3; patricia; Guy4
Subject: amazing discovery...

Coaches...now I know where they hide the cuties of SG (aside from Sing Air of course)...sa ! =)

******

So what's wrong with this email?! It seems like a pretty normal email, right. But for all you geniuses out there...you might have the same observations as I did.

1. Coach - term used in a basketball game pertaining to the person who manages the team and the plays. Heck...I don't even know all the teams in NBA & PBA and I seldom watch the games. Do I play basketball?! Of course not...it's too tiring and sweaty for me. I could never understand why all the guys are fighting for 1 ball...haha! They can just get their own balls and shoot hoops. I know..I know...that's the game! My mind cannot fathom the way how the players "body-bump" (in all their sweaty-glory) each other whenever they make a nice pass or nice shot. Imagine that your pores are all open and another person's sweat will become mixed with your sweat....tsk..tsk...very un-hygienic.

2. Distribution List - I'm the only girl in the DL. Do I care if they found out where the cute girls are? This is not an amazing discovery for me as it is for them. Trust me, an example of an amazing discovery for me is finding out that a South Korean scientist had successfully cloned a dog (and named him Snuppy) or that the plant 'star anise' is the main ingredient for the bird flu shot Tamiflu. Knowing where cute SG girls hide is the least of my concerns.

3. Buddy - I am not sure if this is a positive or a negative factor but these guys are treating me as their 'buddy'. That's good in a sense that they are giving me their own perspective and sharing their concerns. Yes it is actually helping me in understanding men because as we all know --- Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. There's always this mystery in each gender that makes us long for the other and at the same time despise the other. Being surrounded by them gives me a firsthand knowledge what is going on in their minds. At the same time, it gives me this realization that men will be men --- polygamous by nature. I can actually hear them say, "No, we're just appreciating the beauty that is surrounding us..." Don't get me wrong, I am not attracted to anyone of them and they are all married and committed. But sometimes, I think I'm becoming more and more exposed to the way how guys are really 'players'. Ok, ok that's being overboard. These guys are my friends and I know deep in their heart, they are really committed to their significant other. Sometimes, though, they can't help but "appreciate" the beauty of nature.

I therefore conclude that men are really from Mars. Although they frequently travel to Venus, once they have found their "Venutian" partner, they can actually change their "Martian" ways.

***Disclaimer: Some facts have been changed to protect the identity of the characters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home