life's little surprises

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

How I survived 2 weeks in India without my teammates

I've been alone in Mumbai. And it's a weird feeling. Weird because I usually travel with someone from my team. Though our trips sometimes overlap, I am usually on my own for 1 - 2 days...max...never this long.
I usually treasure moments of solitude...but not when I'm in an 'interesting' country, with 'interesting' people. And for more than 10 days.... parusa.

How did I survive?

1. Skyflakes: My mom is a genius. She bought a pack of crackers for me, just in case my hyperacidity attacks again. I cannot eat Indian food everyday...my stomach reacts in a negative way. A pack a day, keeps the doctor away.

2. iPod: No more Indian music please. Everyday, I make it a point to listen to OPM songs --- current faves are songs from Ultraelectromagnetic Jam album, MYMP, Christian Bautista, & Eraserheads. I love Tagalog....

3. Room Service/Grilled Ham & Cheese Sandwich: I'm a fan of room service orders and I love their thai green curry prawns + rice. My baon for lunch (almost) everyday is grilled ham & cheese sandwich. I make it a point to bring sandwich from the hotel so that I'll have an excuse not to join their 'Indian' lunch. It's not really that safe here to be adventurous when it comes to food...

4. Email/SMS/YM/Blog (and all other forms of communication): I am always happy whenever I receive non-work-related emails, short SMS, IMs, blog updates...thanks for keeping me sane. Actually I am not sure if you are really keeping me sane or making me crazier. I sometimes laugh (or smile) like a lunatic even when I'm alone...hehehe...

5. TV/Reading Materials: Current programs I'm watching (and getting addicted) are --- 5 Takes, Miami Ink, and Faking It. Thanks also to the ever-reliable Time magazines and DNA newspapers --- my constant companion during breakfasts.

So, just 2 days more to go. I still have 4 packs of Skyflakes...these will be enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home