life's little surprises

Friday, December 21, 2007

DIY

I did my first two DIY projects last night (until the wee hours of the morning). And I had fun. It was also a good de-stresser for me, also something to keep me busy.
I bought from IKEA a DIY metal clothes rack and a side table. Then I had my first set of tools - screwdrivers, hammer, pliers, wrench (the works!). I followed instructions carefully but when I was almost done with the clothes rack, I found out that two rods have been installed incorrectly. So, I had to unscrew again, then re-screw the correct rods. It was tiring but when I saw the finished products, I smiled. It took almost 4 hours for me to finish both and probably if I had more muscles I would have completed it in less time.
I'm proud of myself and happy that my room now looks homey and cozy.
So if anyone needs to assemble tables, cabinets, etc. or are looking for DIY tips - please feel free to contact me. =)

3 Comments:

Blogger trekkota said...

Yang and I have an inside joke on DIY. Let's just put it this way, you're DIY now, but not anymore when you get married :P

10:59 PM

 
Blogger patricia said...

sira ulo!

11:25 PM

 
Blogger trekkota said...

hahaha! why?! you'll have a partner, you'll have someone to help you out... right? right?!?

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home