life's little surprises

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Blooper

I am used to committing funny blunders or bloopers and today was one of those days.
The day was going well. I have two training sessions and I was actually satisfied with how the attendees were participating in the discussions. Suddenly, I couldn't move my left foot and I realized that I was having a bad cramp. It was really painful but I still continued with the training and tried to hide what I felt. But I couldn't because I couldn't breathe and talk anymore. So I had to stop and advise everyone that I was having a foot cramp. This had to be the most unexpected ice-breaker I have accidentally created. We then took a break and after a few minutes, I was fine. When the Indonesian team came back to start the session again, they brought with them a painkiller ointment for me. It was really nice of them and we started the session again with my foot having a Ben-gay/liniment smell.
Lessons learned: (1) Indonesians are really kind. (2) Someone from the team has been experiencing some kind of muscle pain and I now have his/her ointment. Terima kasih to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home