life's little surprises

Monday, December 31, 2007

Busy-busy-han

It’s the 31st of December and I’m home (and online). My home now is a two-bedroom flat and it has now become a cozy retreat for me.

If I was at home with my family…I would probably be out buying last-minute grocery items for the new year dinner…or I would be busy making the tortilla dough with my mom and sister (yummy tostados)…or who knows, I might also be online.

I have had a busy year…oftentimes too busy to write, sometimes too busy even to think (or feel). That might have bottled up all emotions (which I have previously shoved away) because the last few weeks of the year I have become too emotional with everything. (Which means the last bit of the year, I was not too busy...)

Since I am on my emotional mood, let me start by reminiscing about things I am most appreciative of:
  • All the time I’ve spent with my family…if I count the number of days, my ‘guesstimate’ would be less than 150 out of the 365 days of 2007.
  • The silly, serious, nonsense, deep, trivial, and fun conversations I’ve had with all my friends. Thanks for being always on call, online, just a drive away, a text away, or an email away.
  • Meeting new friends, colleagues, and random people from all walks of life who always provide opportunities for growth and self-fulfillment.
  • The encouraging, humbling, and valuable lessons I’ve learned by living independently. I have gained wisdom and strength, which I thought were impossible to achieve.
  • Taking a leap of faith. I am borrowing Soren Kierkegaard’s concept but not in the religious sense. I am talking about this absolute uncertainty and the belief that taking a leap requires you to have faith, trusting each other. And I know that even with life’s endless uncertainties, I want and will want to be with the one I love for the rest of my life.

5 Comments:

Blogger orangekiwi said...

Amen! "Appreciate" the silly, serious, nonsense, deep, trivial, and fun conversations I’ve had with u too. More to come!

10:33 PM

 
Blogger patricia said...

of course...okay..borrow na lines from zoren legaspi..not kierkegaard...hahahah...miss you mare!

11:01 PM

 
Blogger ilya said...

lundagin mo baby! Happy New Year Pat! Miss you! Mwah!

9:38 PM

 
Blogger trekkota said...

:)

1:24 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

aba... nagmemeron... :)

8:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home