life's little surprises

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Conversion

I have been converted. I have never really listened to Hed Kandi stuff before (well maybe except 2 or 3 songs). I never knew House music can have gospel songs. Last Friday, I watched Peyton live in the Ministry of Sound (SG) and I loved his songs. He sang I'll Rise, A Higher Place and one song (which I don't know the title) with some 'this little light of mine, i'm gonna let it shine..' lyrics. Awesome!

My curiosity led me to search for Hed Kandi stuff and eventually Peyton-related info. I found out he was one of the members of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy (UK version), an artist, and a Preacher's son. I found out that I'll Rise was derived from Maya Angelou's poem Still I Rise.

Nice tunes + amazing lyrics = my sounds. Now I can't wait to get hold of his cds and mp3s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home