life's little surprises

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Chicken or Egg

My sister is the only person in the world:
whom I can have intelligent conversations with in 1 minute and not-so-intelligent discussions the next...while half-asleep...
who can wake up in the wee hours of the morning to open the door for me...and not be grumpy about it...
who can watch dvds with me while I make funny sounds humming the Universal Pictures theme song...(one of her happy thoughts..)
who can live with my laziness (turning off the lights/TV, getting water/cookies, throwing trash, etc.)
who can trust me with her journal...I will never read it ..(even if it's already opened to page #...hehehe)
who knows that when I seek validation, it just means that I need her support and I will still do what I want even if she does not agree...
who can scream at me and sing with me while driving...to keep me awake...
who can laugh at me and with me for my stupid mistakes...she also makes her own anyway...
who can play the next-song-game and book-game with me...analyses included...
who will accept me no matter what...

So in one of our intelligent/not-so-intelligent conversations, she asked me, "Ano nauna, chicken or egg?". She promised me that there's a psychological explanation for my answer. Without batting an eye, I answered, "Egg."

Then she explained that she and my mom both answered chicken and they are the ones who always think logically before making any decisions. And me?! What about me?

She said that I always tend to follow my heart. Hmmm....tsk..tsk...I don't know if that's a good idea...

I still haven't decided if it's good or bad...but one thought that came to me is this: I'm really so lucky to have a sister like her. Because I know that whether I make decisions with my mind, or with my heart, she'll always be there for me. (It's such a cliche but it's true..)

***Mental note: If ever I get to have two girls as my kids, I will let them share a room because it has done a lot of good to both of us. I know my sister wants to have a room of her own..but for now...she's stuck with me... hehehe... =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home