life's little surprises

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Seasons & People

Seasons...like people...come and go. Different seasons represent different events in our lives and there are people who are there only for a season. The only difference between a season and a person is that no matter what happens, that season will come. People, on the other hand, may be there one day but choose not to return again.

I guess the lesson for us is to cherish every moment with a person and keep those memories. And when that season comes again, you will be reminded to make the most out of it.

I am humming a song from the play RENT and I believe that one can really measure life by the moments that take our breath away. These moments are the extraordinary ones which are appreciated the most.

...in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee...
...in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife...

I accept that there are sad and happy moments. I am actually trying my best to be thankful for those sad and not-so-good events that have happened because they have paved the way for me to really appreciate and be more grateful for the happy moments. In the same manner, they have given me hope --- hope that laughter will be experienced again.

...the space between the tears we cry is the laughter that keeps us coming back for more... (Dave Matthews Band)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home