life's little surprises

Sunday, March 11, 2007

My First Cooking Class

I attended my first Thai Cooking Class this morning. Chef Sombat (Khun Bat for short) was like a mom who taught me the basic steps and important ingredients in thai food while asking me questions about my love life! I had a lot of fun deciphering the questions she's asking and explaining to her in basic English my answers.

Here's what we've prepared this morning:

1. Yam Sam Krob - spicy crispy squid, prawn, and fish maw salad
2. Kaeng Liang Chao Wang - spicy herb soup with vegetables and shrimps
3. Choo Chee Kung Nang - fried river prawns in red curry
4. Phad Khing Tao Hou - fried bean curd with shredded ginger
5. Bua-Loy Khai Whan - taro, pumpkin, and rice flour balls with egg in coconut milk
My favorites were the red curry prawns and rice flour balls (similar to our ginatan). I won't be able to practice much here but I will try my best when I'm home.

10 Comments:

Blogger Hamster said...

If you like cooking Thai food, try this site
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's like an online Thai cooking class

11:14 PM

 
Blogger ilya said...

wow! thats cool pat! ah uhmm...hot pat! i need to learn how to cook too. getting sick of same old stuff i've been cooking...

6:24 AM

 
Blogger trekkota said...

f*ck! you gotta cook for us when you come back. this makes me hungry. where's the phad thai?

10:50 PM

 
Blogger patricia said...

hahaha...go go go! learn and experiment...try mo basic like pasta + salad...kung di ok..there's always woolworth's roasted chicken, chips, etc...hehe...

10:52 PM

 
Blogger ilya said...

hahaha...oo nga, i lived on woolworth's chicken fingers and chips my first few weeks....

6:14 AM

 
Blogger patricia said...

jase, bkt kelangan may mura?? hahaha...i have a special phad thai recipe...i promise to cook for the barkada...
ilya, i love fish and chips! + timtams!! have you tried the timtam slam?

3:41 PM

 
Blogger ilya said...

haven't tried timtam yet...currently addicted to cadburry :) btw, sulit ba pumunta sa mga factory outlets? ok ba stock nila? was thinking of going to Discount Factory Outlet in Homebush kaso baka sayang lang pagod ko..

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Lara said...

I'm suddenly hungry.. Pagluto mo kami paguwi mo ha.=)

2:49 PM

 
Blogger patricia said...

of course! =) excited na ko...

10:45 PM

 
Blogger trekkota said...

i meant to type s*ck! typo...sorry.

sack, seck, sick, sock, suck - u choose :)

10:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home