life's little surprises

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Feverish

The Bollywood fever bit me. I just finished watching my second Hindi film (without subtitles again) and my head is pounding.

Here's the typical Indian movie experience....

Buy tickets, popcorn, nachos, drinks...or you can also have the food delivered to your seat (if you're too lazy to carry it).
There are usually no movie trailers...just advertisements and the frequent flashing of the movie or cinema license.
The India National Anthem is played while a picture of the flag is shown on the screen.Lights are turned off and the movie begins.
After about 20 minutes into the film, the music becomes upbeat and the actors start to perform lip-synched songs with choreographed dances. (The tunes are so lively, they made me bob my head..hehe..)
And then after an hour or so, the movie will stop --- literally.
The screen will freeze and the word INTERVAL is displayed.
Surprise! There's an intermission. Lights will be turned on for 5 minutes and you are free to go outside or to the restrooms.
The movie will then start and there will (again) be dances and songs and more dances and songs...
And then The End. (Some people actually clapped at the end of the film...they are really appreciative...)

The Indians should be given credit for their creativity and the breathtaking cinematography...amazing! The latest film I watched, Krrish, had nice effects and action scenes (sort of like kung fu style).

But maybe too much of incoherent foreign dialogues is not good for my brain cells. Discussing storyline theories with my Chinese boss afterwards did not help much either. And listening to more Hindi songs on the way back added to the constant pounding.

My headache is keeping me awake and I need my sleeping pills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home